Here are some helpful tips to help YOU, the parent/caregiver of a child on an IEP, feel more prepared to advocate for your child.
1. The Parent's Guide to the IEP - A brochure that guides you through the process from a parent's point of view.
2. Communication Guide
· Effective Flow of Communicatio/Who to Contact
3. DCSEAC Newsletter - Join our mailing list to receive our monthly newsletter filled with events, district information, news and resources.
4. Colorado Department of Education-IEP Guidance Document
5. IEP Resources
· DCSD Specific Resources
· Colorado Dept of Education (CDE) Resources:
· Other Resources:
- Wrightslaw Publications-From Emotions to Advocacy